04 October 2012

Solids!

This past week we started feeding Harper rice cereal. My main motivator was trying to get through the night with no 2am feedings since that's been happening for a couple weeks now and we got the go ahead from the Dr so we went for it! Basically I took about 1/2 C of brown rice and obliterated it in the food processor and sifted the powder so I could get the bigger chunks out. The first time I made it super runny, about 1 teaspoon of rice cereal and 2 oz of breast milk. She wasn't a huge fan at first so we took a night off and then the next feeding went so much better. I think timing had a lot to do with it too. I gave it to her about an hour before her normal feeding time and she ate it right up! I've been gradually using more rice and less milk to get the consistency thicker. It's going well and I think we'll start veggies soon! So fun!

And she slept through the night again the last two nights :)

No comments:

Post a Comment