27 September 2012

Fall.

I cannot even begin to tell you how much I LOVE this time of year.  There are so many reasons why.  I think in my heart, even though I haven't been in school for a number of years now, I always associate fall with "new beginnings" because of the new school year.  I seem to have a little extra pep in my step once the weather starts changing.  And lets face it, there is nothing better than Fall attire! Jeans, sweaters, scarves, BOOTS! 

I love fresh, crisp mornings and warmer afternoons.  The last few mornings have been especially foggy which adds to the whole Autumn ambiance.  Apples, pumpkins, soup, hot cider, chunky knits, the color orange, rain, wind, falling leaves...all things I love and am excited about. 

October happens to be my birthday month as well.  So obviously that just adds to the overall greatness :) 

This year I find myself with a bit of nostalgia.  It was this time last year that I was just getting used to the idea that we were having a baby.  I was probably 8-9 weeks along at this point and it was the hardest secret to keep.  The biggest thing to happen in my life and only Chris & I knew about it.  We made the decision to tell NO ONE until 12 weeks.  Our families were anxious for us to expand our brood and we didn't trust that it could be kept a secret (sorry guys :)) so we decided to wait it out.  I finally had to tell my parents and then Chris' family on my birthday (11 weeks in) because I seriously couldn't stand it any longer!  We then broke the news to everyone else shortly after.  It is NOT easy to turn 30 and try to fly under the radar, let me tell you...

Now we have the cutest, happiest bundle of baby joy imaginable and Fall has a whole new feeling.  I can't wait to dress her up in cozy clothes and little baby boots (yes we have two pair) and all the cute little hats that people made us!  And because we have a kid now, going to the pumpkin patch and the apple orchard are a MUST on the to-do list.  Family fun activities!!

I feel like a whole new woman these days and the change of seasons has me even more excited about life :)

1 comment:

  1. And October next year I will be Mrs. Juhl on your bday!!!!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete