This past week we have been sick. And I mean SICK. Neither Chris or I have been this sick in years. He was able to get a couple days worth of rest (lucky) but I am still trying to rest as much as possible and my cold seems to be lingering. Goes to show that sleep is an all natural healer. We haven't been sleeping well lately anyway, and by we I mean me and Harper. I am just getting to the point that I think most Mother's hit in the beginning of the baby days, I am desperate for a full nights rest. I would even settle for six hours straight. Those nights used to happen every night and early on so we got totally spoiled. And its so hard to pinpoint WHY its not happening anymore. People say "growth spurt!" "teething!" so on and so forth...I feel like the whole first year is a growth spurt so that doesn't make sense to me. And for her it could be teething (she has four new ones since Christmas) but she isn't fussy during the day or acting like they are bothering her when she is awake so I don't know why it would be that...it's frustrating for sure but I am not going to complain about spending time with my girl or the fact that she needs me. And really when she wakes up at night she eats and goes right back to sleep so it isn't so bad, but there have been a few times where she will wake up crying. Argh. Trials and tribulations of Motherhood! I have been trying to feed her more food to see if that helps at night. Some times it does, sometimes it doesn't. This past week I have given her lentils and blueberries both of which she loves. She hasn't really turned her nose up to anything in the last couple months. She is going to be a healthy little eater :) One thing that has concerned me lately is my milk supply. Breastfeeding has come so easily and I couldn't be more grateful for that, but now I feel like I need to work a little bit harder at keeping my milk supply up and it bums me out. I will do whatever it will take to make it work but I wonder if the fact that I've been sick and not eating much contributes to a lower milk supply? I also don't think Harper has been nursing as long, and that may be because she has been stuffed up and it's hard for her to breath and nurse at the same time?? I like to know why things happen, can you tell? ;) Any way, she is almost eight months old and I know some Mom's don't even nurse that long so I feel good about it but I had pictured going for at least a year, obviously if my body decides it is done there isn't anything I can do about it.
Harper has been such a fun little human this past month. Super smiley and giggly, much more coordinated too. I gave her some of those little puffy snacks, they taste like fruit loops. Her hand/eye coordination is getting better and better and she likes to feed herself. She likes to clap and dance and play peek-a-boo. Still not a fan of being on her stomach so I wonder if she will ever crawl...but her sitting is strong and she bends and lunges forward and back with ease. I think she is going to surprise us one day and just start moving. We should baby proof the house soon...
No comments:
Post a Comment