Christmas this year was a whole new experience. It was all about the little one! And way more fun that way. Chris and I didn't exchange gifts at all, which is nothing new, but I didn't seem to miss it this year. We spent Christmas Eve at home. I made a big pasta dinner for Chris's family and a few friends, we played games and Harper and Cameron opened their Christmas jammie's from Sarah. It was low key and fun. Then Christmas morning we woke up early and headed over to Gramma Julie's house to open presents and have breakfast. Cameron is the perfect age for starting to understand the holidays and the traditions that go along with them. Plus three year olds are just really fun :) The kiddo's got so spoiled, there were so many presents! They sure are loved by everyone. After breakfast we headed over to my parents house for Christmas with my family. Once again there were so many presents and so much love. Per tradition we had prime rib, mashed potatoes, asparagus & Yorkshire Pudding for dinner. It was delicious as always! I think we headed home around 5:30 or so. Harper was exhausted and fell asleep in the car on the way. It felt so late but I had to start putting stuff away or I was going to go crazy with the mess! I started putting all of Harper's clothes and toys away and then started in on my own pile. I got some really nice new make up which I was SO excited about. I decided it was time to go through ALL my makeup and throw out the old stuff or the stuff I never used. It felt SO GOOD to purge! Now I just have what I need and use and way more space in the bathroom :) I am all about getting rid of anything in excess these days. I don't want to have to keep track of or look at anything I don't use. I have more important things to think about these days!
No comments:
Post a Comment