6 months and 1 week old. Wowzers. We saw some friends last night with a newborn and it blew my mind how little he is! And Harper was almost exactly the same size! I just can't believe that she isn't a little baby anymore. She's sitting, talking, eating real food...sigh. As much as it makes me sad that the time goes too quick, my heart is more full by the day. She is growing and thriving and brings so much joy to our lives every day. For that I am so grateful.
Her 6 month appt was a couple weeks ago. She weighed 15 lbs, 3 oz. almost double her birth weight! And 26 1/4 in tall. It's safe to say she'll be sportin' the long and lean look like her Dad :) Her head measures off the charts. Literally, the little graph they print off has dots to mark her growth at check ups and the one for her head is ABOVE the top line...the Dr even said jokingly (but not really) "no wonder she didn't come out the right way!" Not that it was the WRONG way how it happened but you get the idea. And maybe I can be thankful I didn't have to try to push that big dome through :)
We had a really great Thanksgiving weekend. Relaxing, fun and productive, can't really ask for more! We got some Christmas shopping done which puts us ahead of schedule compared to last year and that feels good. The holidays with a little one are so much fun already! I'm super nervous to be responsible for creating memories & traditions for her and any future children, but we have such a great family it should come fairly easily. At least I hope. This weekend we are getting our tree and decorating the house which I love doing. It's hard to believe that it's almost December already! Last Christmas I was just half way done with my pregnancy, just starting to show, seems like yesterday...






No comments:
Post a Comment