21 November 2012

Giving thanks.

Can I just start by saying that I'm still a little bummed about my last post. It was a good one.

Anyway, tomorrow is Thanksgiving and it's safe to say this year I have more to be thankful for than any other year. Seriously. There has been SO MUCH goodness in the last year that sometimes it feels like a dream. Last year I thought I had it good, having made it out of my first trimester of pregnancy without a hitch and all, but this year, this year is like WHOA. Now we have a baby, a healthy adorable six month old baby girl. Who is growing and learning and being all around awesomeness. I'm thankful I made it throughout my ENTIRE pregnancy without a hitch, that even though my birth plan got chewed up, spit on, and kicked around both me and Harper made it through healthy and together. I'm thankful for the love Chris and I share, that its been redefined after becoming parents together. I'm thankful for my body. My little crazy body. I've never appreciated or admired it more. It's done so much for me and now my baby too. I am beyond thankful that fairly effortlessly, my body produces enough nourishment for my child, and she is thriving because of that. I am thankful for our families who have become even closer and continue to show us so much love. Thankful that both Chris and I have been able to find employment that has offered us more time as a family and more joy in the workplace. I could go on and on I'm sure...my heart is so full of gratitude for so much. This past year has been nothing short of life changing. Friends new and old. Marriages and more babies. It's really been something to experience. So thank you to everyone that has touched my life this year, it will never be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment