One of the most overwhelming things about preparing for a new bambino is making sure you have the right "stuff". There are about 1 billion baby products out there and every single one of them seems like something you might need to have. Well guess what, you don't need 99% of said stuff. I freaked out trying to do a baby registry online. It took me hours, HOURS to scour items, read reviews and pick what I thought we needed and add a few "want" items in there as well. I thought I was set, I was so excited to get all this stuff, get the nursery settled and be READY. Well guess what. We received a few items from our registry and got a lot of clothes. People like to buy baby clothes, and now that I have a baby I know why. They are SO CUTE!! Needless to say, Chris and I spent quite a few hours at Target getting the "stuff" we really did need. And now that we've been at this parenting gig for a few months now I realize you really don't need much. Really. The crib we OBSESSED over, I'm glad we didn't buy it because Harper plays in the crib we do have for a few minutes at a time while I am in there putting away laundry or something but she sleeps in the pack & play in our room. Not sure when she will actually use the crib for its purpose... (Thanks again to the Kiniry's for gifting us their old crib! You guys are amazing!!) I am still a little bummed that we didnt get the BOB stroller but I've been told by one of my Momma friends that I just need to wait to get the double jogger for when we have another nugget :) So I will wait. I do want to share MY must have items though, I know there are new Momma's and soon to be Momma's that might find this information helpful!
Ready? Here we go....
Kawaii Baby cloth diapers. For real. There is NOT ONE downside to using cloth diapers. These ones happen to be the same style as Bum Genius but are half the price. And make baby bums even cuter!! In addition to that, the sprayer attachment that goes on the toilet. Makes poop clean up a breeze. Even my skeptical Husband is a cloth diaper user :) Oh and get a wet bag too!
GroVia Magic Stick for diaper rash. It goes on smooth, you don't have to use your fingers and it smells like the spa. Love it. (Thanks Lacey for this!)
Boppy.
MAM binki. We tried about 5 different styles, including the ones like the hospital uses, and this is the only one Harper could keep in her mouth. It seemed like she couldnt quite get a grip on the other ones.
Aden & Anais Muslin blankets. These are the best, a little spendy but totally worth it. They are nice & big and make swaddling a breeze. Plus the patterns are super cute. On the same swaddling note, Chris' Mom bought us the most amazing Halo Swaddle sack that we used when Harper was teeny tiny and we didn't quite have the swaddling down. They are super warm & cozy and would be perfect for a newborn in the winter! I would have used it longer but it started getting too warm.
Madela Breast Pump. Now that I am back to work and can't feed my baby direct from the source (tear) I rely heavily on this product. One of my bestest friends gave me hers since she wasn't able to breastfeed and it has saved me. I know these are expensive but pretty much a necessity if you're breastfeeding and will be away from your baby at any point. Also, check with your insurance, most plans cover pumps!!
Ergo Baby Carrier.
Oxy-Clean for babies. This will get the poop stains out of anything. Seriously.
Vibrating chair/bouncer. Ours happens to be Fisher Price and have cute frogs & turtles on it, but I bet any one would be sufficient. If you want to take a shower while you are home alone with the baby, you need one of these.
one item I find very helpful but don't feel like its a "must", Sleeping Gowns. They make the 3am diaper changes much easier than all those stupid snaps. There are also zipper jammie's which Chris liked the most.
And of course there are the necessities, car seat, stroller, swing, bottles, clothes, changing table/pad, the list goes on and on and I have certain products that I love more than others or lots of little tricks I've discovered along the way but the items mentioned above are ones we seriously use ALL the time and I would be sad without them.
What are some of your favorites?!
No comments:
Post a Comment