I've decided that because we live in such a wonderful place, with so many wonderful places surrounding us we need to try and getaway to a seasonally appropriate destination for spring, summer and fall also. Whistler is a perfect winter wonderland, and it was a great way to start our year!
15 January 2014
Whistler!
My darling Husband emailed me at work last Friday morning and asked if I wanted to go to Whistler for the weekend. We were offered a condo FOR FREE and it was totally a family friendly trip so I said YES! I am not usually good at "last minute", especially if I am at work and I have no time to prepare but I think its ok to be out of the comfort zone sometimes. (Actually I NEED to be sometimes.) I was supposed to watch little Diego that Saturday night so I had to cancel that, which made me feel bad until I realized they could totally come with us for the weekend. Redemption at its finest. It was clear and sunny and so beautiful up there. Such a nice little getaway. We bundled up the kiddos and walked around the village, rode the "peak to peak" gondola, which at times was a little scary, but mostly pretty cool. The adults stayed up way too late, drinking too much wine and playing Ticket to Ride (new favorite game!) and the littles tried to sleep, their schedules were totally thrown for a loop with our impromptu trip out of the country but they survived :) And I know they had fun too! And then on the way home Sunday morning we decided to just bomb out of town and not stop for breakfast until the next town which is about 30 min out of Whistler. Well Harper was SUUUUPER cranky hungry and all I had in the car that I could reach were Cheese Puffs. I thought her head was going to explode she was so happy when I handed them over. They weren't the crazy orange fake cheese puffs, they were the baked, all natural REAL Wisconsin White Cheddar kind. Way better for you ;) But seriously, this face.
I've decided that because we live in such a wonderful place, with so many wonderful places surrounding us we need to try and getaway to a seasonally appropriate destination for spring, summer and fall also. Whistler is a perfect winter wonderland, and it was a great way to start our year!
I've decided that because we live in such a wonderful place, with so many wonderful places surrounding us we need to try and getaway to a seasonally appropriate destination for spring, summer and fall also. Whistler is a perfect winter wonderland, and it was a great way to start our year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love it! Super fun! You look so great. I love the long hair!!
ReplyDelete