15 January 2014

Holiday un-wrap up

The middle of January isn't too late to catch up Christmas, right?  We had a GREAT holiday season.  It was by far the most fun Christmas we've had.  Harper didn't QUITE "get it", but started to recognize Santa and pointed at everyone that had a reddish colored hat on and yelled "ho, ho, ho!" so that was pretty cute.  Plus there were BALLS! everywhere so her life was made.  Our big gift to her was a play kitchen, which is AWESOME, but it didn't arrive until after Christmas.  No thanks to Amazon and their whole "free two day shipping" shenanigans.  How two days equal ten I am not quite sure but I am over it.  Sort of.  She was completely inundated with gifts anyway, so it really didn't matter to her, but it did to me! Ok, seriously, over it.  









The ball pit is a HUGE hit.  And then of course the Minnie Mouse four wheeler from one her Aunties.  Spoiled!  There sure is a lot more pink in our house now....in fact there is a general feeling of cramped-ness from all the new toys and a very busy toddler.  Its inspired us to maybe sell our house and find something bigger.  Hoping that works out! 











Needless to say we did A LOT of Christmas this year.  Christmas parties for work, Christmas at the fire station, Christmas Eve at Glamma Julie's and then Christmas day at our house.  Cooked the annual prime rib, which was amazeballs, and we ate and we played and it was all very merry & bright.  Then the day after Christmas I got home from work and took everything down that had to do with Christmas and put it away.  I was over it.  I put a lot of time and energy into it this year starting on the first day of the month, it was awesome and totally worth it but I was burned out and ready to move on.  Chris was totally supportive of that decision.  Let the winter adventures continue! 

No comments:

Post a Comment