17 February 2013

Sunday Funday.

*It's 10:36 and my little angel baby is still sleeping.  She does this, and its awesome.  Also she only woke up once last night, 4:30 (I think?) and again at 8:00 to nurse and go back to sleep.  These are the good nights and in turn the mornings when I feel somewhat rested.  Plus I got to drink my coffee and eat my cereal without any interruptions or having to feed someone else first :)  Its the little things.

*This has been a really good weekend so far.  Friday we left the little one with Grammy & Gramps and headed down to Bellevue for a delicious steak dinner.  And it was delicious.  John Howie Steakhouse is amazing.  Definitely the best steak I've had, pretty sure Chris feels the same way.  We had tempura fried bacon as an appetizer and lobster mashed potatoes with our meal.  So fancy!  It was nice to get a few hours alone with my love and celebrate our anniversary, which is Monday, but he has to work.  Boo.  On our way home we stopped by the Tulalip Casino which was a huge bust and so busy and smokey.  Oh well.  We had fun.  It's hard to believe that just two years ago we were in Hawaii at this time, boogy boarding our faces off and having the time of our lives.  SO much can change in two years!  All good things of course :)

*My dear friend Shelby is getting married in October (on my birthday!) and she called me Friday to ask if Harper and I will be in her wedding.  OF COURSE!! What a honor.  This girl is so special.  We met freshman year of high school and after sophomore year her family moved to Oregon.  Ok so how long ago was that?  And we have been such close friends the entire time.  Goes to show that true friends are friends no matter what.  Love that girl and I am so excited for her.  We have a few weddings already on the calendar for this spring/summer which I am ecstatic for.

*I have been lusting after a particular pair of shoes and a perfume that I got a sample of in a magazine. I'm pretty sure its only fair that I get to purchase these things with a portion of the tax return we are getting back since Chris plans on using the rest of it to pay for his season tickets for the Seahawks.

*We plan on revamping the garden this year.  Like totally redoing it.  Last year was a huge bust.  I planted everything way too early.  I was trying to get it done before the baby was born.  And then once I had the baby I really didn't bother to give the garden the TLC it needed.  I am pretty excited about this because I really missed having the goodness that it provides us in the summer and fall months.  Its WAY easier to go get lettuce out of the back rather than having to go to the store.  I also want Harper to have memories of gardening in the summer.  I can vividly recall the smell of tomatoes on a hot day at my Grandmas's house.  Yum.

*Next week our little one will be nine months old.  I'm still trying to wrap my head around how that happened...








And now for some pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment