03 April 2012

35 weeks.

Here's my preggo check in! Not many more to go :) If the baby decides to come at any point-which is still early by a couple weeks-we would be ok. Baby is developed enough to survive on its own with no assistance, so that's a relief! Plus he or she should be about 5 lbs now which is still teeny tiny but again big enough.

I've struggled lately with feeling "ready". And I am but I'm not at the same time. It's easy to say, oh yeah only five more weeks!, but when it's 35 days...like whoa. I've tried to express this to Chris who is always so much calmer and less worried than me about everything so finally yesterday he said this:

"Well really think about it... I mean we will never be 100% ready because parenting is about trial and error and growing into it. Nothing is going to stop the kid from coming out when it's ready and so it starts where our lives no longer revolve around us"

Which I responded with, "so true" because it is. There is nothing better than knowing your partners got your back in all aspects of life, especially during the times when you're having a freak out :) I cannot wait to see Chris as a Dad and have our family started, it's going to be so amazing. And that I am definitely ready for!

No comments:

Post a Comment