10 September 2013

Oh hey blog!

Ok so I'm still having a hard time keeping up with the blog, but the nugget is sleeping and the Hubs is on shift so I have a few minutes to catch up! First of all can I just say that I was super geared up for fall, the rain came, the temperatures dropped, I wore boots one day...and now its back to 80*.  Boo.  I know September is always pretty amazing here but seriously this is a tad hot.  Anyway, not much I can do about that but I had to dig Harper's shorts back out of the clothes bin and I was slightly annoyed ;)  Now on to the news!

The Batten's just had the best, most fun summer yet.  I think I say that every year, but this year it really was.  The sun was shining non-stop, we kept busy with numerous adventures and of course Harper entertained us on a daily basis.  She also grew like a weed.  Literally, almost three inches and three pounds from the beginning of June to the middle of August!  HOLY COW!!  And now she seems like a giant and is up to a size three shoe (whoa! :)).  Pretty sure she will be taller than me by kindergarten...ok probably not but it seems like it.  She isn't walking on her own yet, with her toys and holding hands yes but when it comes to taking that first step she chickens out.  She will get off the really high bed backward and at full speed but walking is SUPER scary.  Oh man...
She is on an AMAZING schedule which I hate to put out there so I don't jinx it but I think its pretty solid at this point.  Sleeping in her room, in her crib, 11-12 hours a night and a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon.  Hallelujah! She also has all of her teeth which is so fantastic.

This summer was also one for a bit of heartache and new beginnings for me.  With my family now being two parts instead of one, its been a huge adjustment for everyone.  Moving all of the stuff out of the house I grew up in was a bit surreal.  Everything is still very unsettled feeling and I am not sure how long it will take for that to heal. I'm trying my best to focus on MY little family and being the best wife and Mom I can be.  I'm still very confused, very hurt by it all and its all very weird, I have so many questions and no answers.  That doesn't sit well with me.  To be continued...

This coming weekend is our first "Parents weekend", leaving the little one at home with Grammy for two days.  I think I will miss her most at night and first thing in the morning but I am sure there will be enough activities (and booze) to keep my mind busy during the day.  Also there's a wedding, which is the whole reason for the trip, so that will be very fun and it will be nice to have some Husband time.  He has a packed schedule this entire month so a little QT will be good for us!  I will try my best to take lots of pictures, they won't be very cute though because Harper won't be in them ;)  And now some pictures of our recent adventures!
























No comments:

Post a Comment