We have had a busy couple of weeks with no sign of slowing down! The next two weekends are going to be filled with love & weddings! Yay! And our first long trip out of town with the babe. Speaking of which, that's what this post is really about. The babe. Who is now officially one. And can I just say that I made it through both the party and actual birthday with no tears. I'm proud of myself :) we had a great party last Sunday with our friends and immediate family. So much good food, good company and lots of love! I was kind of stressing about Harpers cake since I didn't want her to go into sugar shock, I'm a worrier what can I say. We ended up making an angel food cake with a can of crushed pineapple instead of the water it calls for. It was quite tasty and she seemed to like it! She likes just about everything really. I don't know when "picky eaters" come out of the woodwork but I'm keeping my fingers crossed she keeps this appetite :) She figured out how to crawl forward and has been on the move ever since! We REALLY need to baby proof now! Her binky is a thing of the past, which I'm ok with except for those moments when I know it used to work to sooth her but now she just throws it at me instead. Her personality is really starting to shine through. Mini temper tantrums when she doesn't get her way, impatience, defiance...is this really happening already?! Yikes. Along with that is still a sweet, happy girl who is learning and growing and making me laugh on a daily basis. Everyone adores her and we couldn't ask for more.
It's crazy to think about all that's changed this past year. What a whirlwind. I've definitely changed, softened up a bit, learned to love more. All because of this teeny tiny person who grew inside me and is now the center of my universe. I spent some time going through all the pictures on my phone the other night, shed a few tears but mostly being overwhelmed with appreciation for life and love and the memories we've made so far. I love being Harper's Mama, she's made me a better person and I hope I can do her justice by being the Mom she deserves to have.









No comments:
Post a Comment